Nashville, TN 37204
Areas of Practice
As President of McAninch Psychological & Consulting Services, PLL, Julia has a broad range of expertise in working with adolescents, adults, couples, and families; career assessments and counseling; supervision and training; organizational consulting; and working as a Rule 31 Family Mediator and Collaborative Divorce Coach.
Please call for further information.
- Licensed Psychologist in the State of TN
- Rule 31 Family Mediator
- Psy.D. (Doctorate of Psychology), Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Trevecca University
- B.A., Hardin-Simmons University
- IACP Conference, October 2020 (Presenter)
- IACP Conference, October 2019 (Presenter)
- IACP Conference, October 2017 (Presenter)
- IACP Conference, Las Vegas, October 2016 (Presenter)
- IACP Approved and MTCA sponsored Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training led by Lone Star Trainers, Nashville, June 2016
- IACP Conference, Washington, DC, October 2015 (Presenter)
- Inaugural Leadership Academy, IACP, October 2013 - October 2014
- IACP Conference, Vancouver, October 2014 (Presenter)
- IACP Conference, San Antonio, October 2013
- MTCA Interdisciplinary Training, September 2013
- IACP Conference, San Francisco, October 2011
- IACP Approved and MTCA sponsored Collaborative Training led by Chip Rose, Nashville, June 2010
Julia A. McAninch, Psy.D. received her doctoral degree from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology and has had the opportunity to train throughout the Chicago area, New York City, and Nashville. One of her areas of emphasis throughout her training and research has been on multicultural issues, including cross-cultural dialogue and training. She has had the opportunity to lead workshops, work with organizations and teach courses on this and other topics at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Columbia College Chicago, Pace University, and most recently as an Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt University in the Human Development Counseling program. Julia worked with children, adolescents, and their families for 5 years before working in college counseling centers with students, faculty, staff, and their dependents for the next 5 years before beginning private practice in 2007. Julia now serves as President of McAninch Psychological & Consulting Services, PLLC.
Julia is a Founding Board Member of MTCA, formerly serving as the President, Vice President and Chair of the Public Education Committee. She was the 2011 C0-Chair for the Nashville Psychotherapy Institute and currently serves on their Advisory Council, as well as the Advisory Council for OutCentral, Inc. Most recently, Julia was invited to join the Board of Directors for the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP).
Julia is a Collaborative Divorce Trainer with the Institute for Family Conflict Resolution (IFCR) providing trainings internationally. www.divorcetrainers.com